Thanks to everyone–Jewish children’s book writers, librarians, editors, agents, and publicists–who have helped make The Whole Megillah a success.
Given the great response, I’ve been thinking of expanding The Whole Megillah to offer:
- Workshops and retreats–I’m exploring a four-day workshop/retreat for 2011 in Amherst, MA. This would include some time at the National Yiddish Book Center, a talk by an AJL librarian, an established author of Jewish children’s books, an editor and/or agent, and writing time. Other cities under future consideration include Los Angeles, Cleveland, Charleston, Washington DC, and of course, New York.
- Editorial services–For those of you who want or need an experienced set of eyes on your works-in-progress, The Whole Megillah can hook you up.
- Face-to-face brunches–Quarterly Sunday brunches, a Sunday Schmooze, in New York City with a couple of agents and/or editors.
- First Page fairs–The Whole Megillah can post your first pages so editors and agents can look at them.
- Illustration and photography contests–Let’s not forget the importance of illustration and photography and the talented artists who create these images. Hence, a contest with entries posted on a new The Whole Megillah website. (Don’t worry, the blog will stay.)
These are fee-based services.
My question to all of you: Do these services interest you?