The Whole Megillah once again hosts the monthly Jewish Book Carnival!
Here are this month’s links:
- On My Machberet, Erika Dreifus explains how an online essay-review helped rekindle her interest in the fiction of Israeli author Etgar Keret.
- From the Book of Life is “Reuven Firestone: Jews and Muslims,” an interview with Reuven Firestone, the opening plenary speaker at the Association of Jewish Libraries conference
- From Yotzeret Publishing, Jewish children’s book author Amy Ariel shares what it’s like to win a national book award after spending the last eighteen months dealing
with leukemia and a bone marrow transplant.
- The Jewish Journal reviews Jeffrey Magee’s biography of Irving Berlin
- Jewaicious reviews The Gift of Rest, by Senator Joe Lieberman and The Dovekeepers, by Alice Hoffman.
- Leora Wenger reviews Robert Mayer’s The Origin of Sorrow on her blog, Here in HP.
- Susan’s Literary Cafe reviews Alice Hoffman’s novel, Dovekeepers, and a book club event with guest speaker, Rabbi Debbie Slavitt, discussing the Masada and Dovekeepers.
- The Whole Megillah interviews Dr. Nora Gold of Jewishfiction.net and Michal Mahgerefteh of Poetica Magazine
Thank you so much for hosting and thank you for the link to The Origin of Sorrow. I look forward to reading the other posts.
Thank you for hosting, awesome reading to be done here.
We never miss the Carnival. Every month offers such a rich array of content and viewpoints. The Whole Megillah seems a particularly apt venue for this event. Kudos to Barbara Krasner!
That’s so nice of you to say, thank you!
Thank you so much for hosting this, and thank you for my links. I have linked this post on my own blog.
Pingback: Jewish Book Carnival for July 2012 | jewaicious
Pingback: Jewish Literary Links for Shabbat | ErikaDreifus.com
Pingback: Review with Eggplant and Peaches - Here in Highland Park
What a terrific resource for authors of Jewish-themed books. Keep up the great work!
Charles S. Weinblatt
Author, Jacob’s Courage