June 9 – 12, 2013
In bucolic Boyds Mills, Pennsylvania, the Highlights Foundation offers for the third time a hands-on workshop specifically designed for writers of Jewish-themed content. Whether your manuscript has slight or overwhelming Jewish content, this is the workshop for you. Unlike a one-day conference, this workshop includes one-on-one manuscript critiques with an editor and time to revise. There’ll also be two group critiques.
There will be a keynote talk by noted Israeli author, Pnina Moed Kass, well known for her books ranging from preschool to young adult.
In addition, you’ll learn:
- The future of Jewish children’s literature
- What agents and editors look for
- Best practices in writing Jewish content for children
We can’t promise contracts, but we can promise craft, camaraderie, and community.
Barbara Krasner, publisher of The Whole Megillah and member of the prestigious Sydney Taylor Book Award Committee, leads the workshop. The faculty roster also includes:
- Regina Griffin, Executive Editor, Egmont USA
- Debra Hess, Senior Editor, Highlights
- Rebecca Short, Assistant Editor, Delacorte Press/Random House
- Emily Seife, Associate Editor, Scholastic
For more information, pricing, and an application, see the Workshop Description>>>