NEW SERVICES NOW AVAILABLE TO WRITERS OF JEWISH LITERARY FICTION AND NONFICTION
Popular blog is now a new company aimed at nurturing Jewish writers
SOMERSET, NJ, January 9, 2014—Jewish writers now have a prepublication, publication, and post-publication advocate for their work. The Whole Megillah LLC has been formed specifically to help shape, nurture, and promote Jewish story.
“This is a natural expansion of The Whole Megillah blog that debuted in 2010. Followers and workshop participants asked for more services. The Whole Megillah LLC can now provide them,” says president and publisher Barbara Krasner.
The Whole Megillah LLC offers Jewish writers:
- Editorial services to help writers shape and refine their stories
- A publishing program for middle grade through adult literary fiction and nonfiction through print-on-demand and e-book platforms.
- Conferences, retreats, and writing workshops
- Marketing services, including marketing plans, blog tours and press releases
- Public speaking coaching
Barbara Krasner holds an MFA from the Vermont College of Fine Arts and an MBA from Rutgers University. She has been leading and coordinating workshops and conferences for Jewish writers since 2004. An adjunct professor teaching creative writing at William Paterson University, she is the author of five books, hundreds of articles, and short fiction and poetry. She has more than thirty years of marketing experience in the communications, high-technology, and Internet services industries.
“Barbara has shown her amazing dedication to supporting Jewish literature through her blog, her workshops, and her participation on AJL’s Sydney Taylor Book Award committee. The Whole Megillah blog stands out from the crowd because of its constructive critical eye, the clarity of its presentation, and its professional reach. I’m excited to see Barbara bring her talents to the world of publishing!” says Heidi Estrin, President of the Association of Jewish Libraries.
The company already has a 2014 program in play:
- Conference on Jewish Story, May 18, at Temple Emanu-El in New York City
- Write Your Own Megillah Retreat for Jewish Writers, July 13-18, Hampshire College/National Yiddish Book Center, Amherst, MA
For more information, see the company’s website. All requests for services and the publishing program should go through Contact Us on the website.