- I signed up for and participated in a Highlights Foundation workshop on Novels in Verse (which was outstanding!)
- I say I don’t have money to buy a new mattress and then I signed up for a 10-day poetry writing workshop next summer in San Mauro Cilento, Italy
- I’m about to sign up for the Poetry Center at Passaic County Community College’s Distinguished Poets Workshop series (which includes our very own Richard Michelson!)
- My picture books-in-progress have become more lyrical, especially the musical parts
- I voraciously read the guest blog posts on Poetry Has Value for inspiration and motivation to keep writing and sending out my work
So, my question for you: Are you making a commitment to your writing? Are you engaging with your local or a genre-specific writing community? Have you made a commitment without consciously planning it? Please share!