- Setting and Achieving Your Writing Goals—Learn from an experienced project manager how to set your long- and short-term goals for your writing and hold yourself accountable. Optional: Sign up for a dedicated writing goal-setting and sharing community on a private Facebook page.
- Sunday, September 10, 1-3 pm ET, $30, private Facebook page
2. Sending Your Literary Offerings into the World—Maybe you’ve been reading the monthly report of submissions, acceptances, and rejections from The Whole Megillah and want to send your work out, too. This two-hour session will introduce you to online tools and tracking mechanisms to make the process less intimidating and more efficient.
- Sunday, August 27, 1-3 pm ET, $30, private Facebook page
- Encore, September 17, 1-3 pm, ET, $30, private Facebook page
3. Writing in Real Time—Generate new fiction, nonfiction, and/or poetry by writing to timed prompts using Google Hangouts video chat (if you’re video shy, you can just turn off your computer’s camera). Sessions led by certified Amherst Writers & Artists method facilitator.
- Sunday, October 1, 2-4 pm ET, $30, Google Hangouts
- Sunday, November 5, 2-4 pm ET, $30, Google Hangouts
- Sunday, December 3, 2-4 pm, ET, $30, Google Hangouts
How to Register
Send an email to barbarakrasner(at)att(dot)net to register. Payment can be made by check or PayPal after registration.
- Setting and Achieving Your Writing Goals, September 3
- Sending Out Your Literary Offerings, August 21
- Writing in Real Time, September 24 (for October session), October 29 (for November session), November 26 (for December session)