Three quick things:
- I am completing my second week at the faculty seminar at the U.S. Holocaust Memorial Museum in Washington. Three immediate takeaways:
- I’m convinced that the more I learn, the less I know. I am still trying to discern how my great-uncle left the DP camp in Germany in 1951 to come to America. I also desperately want to understand my grandmother’s role in getting him here.
- Using primary sources trumps textbooks as the way to teach.
- There are still so many stories to be told.
- I am still obsessed with Ancestry.com and look forward to teaching Family History in the fall at William Paterson University.
- I’ve learned how to use Google Tour Builder which can help to build a family narrative.
That’s it for this week. Have a good one.