Here are this month’s links:
- On The Book of Life Podcast, Heidi Rabinowitz interviews the cofounder of the Jewish Grandparents Network about how families can stay connected under quarantine, and plays the entire audiobook of Bubbe & Zaide by Anne-Marie Asner, voiced by Anne-Marie and Ed Asner!
Also on The Book of Life Podcast, Heidi Rabinowitz interviews Tziporah Cohen about her debut Jewish middle grade novel No Vacancy, a story of friendship across boundaries, the importance of community in fighting prejudice… and a Virgin Mary sighting.
On her blog, Book Q&As with Deborah Kalb, Deborah recently interviewed Barbara Diamond Goldin about her children’s picture book, A Persian Princess.
- Julie Gray has written for several publications, including The Huffington Post, Moment Magazine, and The Times of Israel. Heidi Slowinski recently had the pleasure of interviewing her about her most recent book, The True Adventures of Gidon Lev, which shares the story of her friend and Holocaust survivor, Gidon Lev.
- The Sydney Taylor Shmooze is a mock award blog for the Association of Jewish Libraries’ children’s literature prize. Read a review of The Boy Who Thought Outside the Box: The Story of Video Game Inventor Ralph Baer.
- “Conference Second Chance:” The Association of Jewish Libraries held its annual conference digitally this year. ALL conference recordings are available for a mere $36.
- Over on the My Machberet blog, Erika Dreifus posted some reflections on and recommendations of Jewish short stories.
- Reuven Chaim Klein reports a review of Rabbi Berel Wein’s new book at the Rachack Review.
- Batya on Shiloh Musings posted Tikkun Olam: ISRAEL VS COVID 19, Book Review, about a very up-to-date book: how Israel has managed to fight COVID 19 with high tech weapons, a modern small David against Goliath, competing with the largest and richest countries in the world.
- And finally, on The Whole Megillah, Barbara Krasner interviews Laurie Wallmark about her picture book biography, Hedy Lamarr’s Double Life: Hollywood Legend and Brilliant Inventor.