Some very quick things:
- I’ve signed my copy of a contract for a new historical novel in verse. Stay tuned for an announcement! This will be my third novel in verse. I have a contemporary one my agent is shopping around and another one under construction but on the back burner.
- My first draft of my dissertation is nearing completion within days. I’m speaking with my committee chair tomorrow. I have lots of questions!
- Lots of exploration into book publicity. Ethel’s Song: Ethel Rosenberg’s Life in Poems comes out this fall from Calkins Creek, the American history imprint of Astra Books for Young Readers.
- Working on syllabi for the four courses I’m teaching in the spring, including Nazi Germany and Corporate Collaborators and Representations of the Holocaust in The College of New Jersey’s Holocaust & Genocide Studies program.
- Spent Sunday with my older granddaughter. She’s 20 1/2 months; her younger sister is now two weeks old. They are both delights and they help me keep things real.