Some very quick things:
- I am in the process of bringing three websites into one. This puts me in a good position to rethink my branding as a writer and workshop leader to focus on Voices of the Past, offering Writing the Past workshops. The Whole Megillah will remain a separate site.
- Be sure to follow the Sydney Taylor Book Award Blog Tour! The Whole Megillah once again hosts the tour’s final stop with gold and silver award winners on Friday, February 11.
- Coming next week in the February issue of The Sepia Chronicles | Writing the Past: An interview with award-winning author Steve Sheinkin about his Cold War aftermath book, Fallout. Sign up for free subscription by sending an email to barbaradkrasner(at)gmail(dot)com.
- I am teaching Art Spiegelman’s Maus in my The College of New Jersey upper-level course, Representations of the Holocaust. Since the book’s banning in Tennessee, several webinars are being held to provide context to this decision and to help educators teach this iconic work. This webinar featuring Spiegelman was held last night by the Jewish Federation of Chattanooga. The University of Connecticut hosts another webinar discussing the book and 2022 politics on Tuesday, February 15, 7 pm ET. Register here.
- Last call to register for tonight’s 7 pm ET webinar, “From Herero Genocide to the Holocaust? What’s the Link?” featuring guest speaker Dr. Elizabeth Baer, hosted by the Mercer Holocaust, Genocide & Human Rights Center and Raritan Valley Community College Institute of Holocaust & Genocide Studies.
Barbara, thank you so much for the link to the Art Spiegelman interview. I read Maus for the first time last week-actually it was Part II, which I didn’t realize until I got home from the library, but I will read Part I also. I just watched the recording of the interview. It was excellent!!