Some very quick things:
- I await the arrival of a Yizkor book (Holocaust memorial book) of a certain locality. In this volume is a survivor testimony that will form the basis of a new book. I’m not sure yet whether this will be a picture book or a novel. One thing I do know is that it won’t be long-form nofiction.
- Each week I struggle to send out new work into the world for possible publication. What makes this so hard to do? I’m eager to hear your thoughts.
- This week is the Association of Writers & Writing Programs (AWP) in Seattle, Washington. It’s a great conference, but to minimize costs, I only attend when it takes place on the East Coast.
- I have been re-inspired to continue to translate a book of poetry from the Yiddish. But I have a nasty habit of taking on too much, and so I fear this project will fall into that category.
- Last chance! The Mercer County Holocaust, Genocide & Human Rights Education Center hosts a new webinar on March 9, featuring Dr. Juergen Matthaeus of the US Holocaust Memorial Museum
Have a good week!